Word Order
Today will be spent diverging a bit from conlang year to touch on word order and syntactic alignment in Munya. I have decided that Munya will be a topic-comment language where the topic or theme is stated first and then expounded upon. Sentences will be predominantly subject-verb-object, except for when the object is promoted to the topic on the sentence, in which case the predominant order would be object-subject-verb.
Kana na ni tyi walu le.
kana TOP I see PST RES
As for Kana, I saw her already.
Syntactic Alignment
Taking a departure from my norm, Munya will have a nominative-accusative alignment.
Also, quick addendum to previous posts, I've decided to allow a few consonants to serve as a coda, making Munya's syllable structure now officially CV(N). The allowed coda consonants are: any nasal, /x/, and /l/. I have altered my notes to reflect this change, but I don't think I'm going to edit previous posts. I apologize.
Comments
Post a Comment